Trina International School has an active and vibrant music department, offering world-class facilities for music education from nursery through to high school.
- Music education at Trina has the following objectives:
- 1. To develop proficiency in instrumental performance and singing.
- 2. To enable all pupils to read and notate music and give them a sound understanding of music theory.
- 3. To developing pupils’ listening skills, their ability to analyse, interpret, appraise and appreciate music, and to critically evaluate musical performance.
- 4. To develop pupils’ understanding and appreciation of music of different periods, styles and cultures and in so doing to develop their understanding of music in relation to the other arts, world history, culture and our global society.
- 5. To develop pupils’ creativity and a love of music which will stay with them as they pass from school into their chosen paths.
All pupils have two 45-minute music lessons each week, in purpose-fitted music rooms and in a piano laboratory, where each pupil works at their own pace through a programme of graded performance repertoire and corresponding technical work. Their progress and talents are showcased in many opportunities for performance in school assemblies and at concerts throughout the year.
Music activities in the 1st Term 2015 have included:-
• Concert outing to Changzhou Grand Theatre – 24 November
• Musical performance at the Sheraton Hotel, Xinbei – 25 November
• Musical performance for the Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony at the Marco Polo Hotel, Xinbei – 28 November
• Service club musical performance at Changzhou old peoples’ home – 4 December
• Early Years Rock Opera “Stone Soup” – 9 December
• Primary and Middle Years Christmas Concert – 10 December